Thursday, January 10, 2008

Pencils down for me

Enno, Melissa and Michelle thanks for the feedback on the first assignment. I considered closely your comments and criticisms and did my best at addressing some of the topics you all brought up.

Enno, I wasn't quite sure what I had in mind when I started assembling the presentation, and I really liked your idea of "voices of truth speaking..." Curious thing about design isn't it, that we can interject our own narratives into the work to make it our own? I have tried to push the concept of a worn sketch book filled with images and thoughts that inspire me - with quotes, images, and my babbling, as well as exploring a bit how all three of these aspects I have chosen are seemingly intertwined....plus I managed to teach myself some Photoshop along the way and had a blast building the boards.

Ladies, I took your comments to heart and tried to incorporate some tidbits of text - random thoughts on random scraps of paper - that hopefully explain why some of the images were chosen.

Text has been cleaned up, refined a bit - hopefully all the typos are gone. Shadows were added to give the pages a little pop. I tried to give the pages their own minor uniqueness with twists and rotates here and there, and I added the footnotes where required.

Thanks again for the criticism, tomorrow it all rests on the printing skills of Kinko's. Goodnight, all.

1 comment:

MCS said...

Eric,
This is a long post. It is good.
The End.